Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Foulke Pitching Well For Newark

Newark Bears closer Keith Foulke is off to a good start this season with a 0.75 ERA in 12.1 innings. Foulke is hoping to receive a major league offer soon so he can get back in the big leagues.

"I hope the phone rings today and it's the Diamondbacks and I can pack my stuff and get out of here."

Foulke is competitive, but he doesn't love some of the behind scenes work that goes with being a ballplayer. 

"Everybody laughs when I tell them I don't like baseball," Foulke said. "I don't like the fact that there's so much downtime and I don't like the downtime. It's not like I show up at 7 p.m. and watch a three-hour ballgame. I'm here at 2:30 p.m."

Foulke says that he is as healthy as he was in 2003, and if his strong play continues, someone could give him a look. 

This story was approved by MLB Rumors.

No comments: