Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Radke Announces Retirement

Brad Radke officially announced his retirement after twelve seasons with the Twins; he only had two seasons under ten wins. He had a career high 20 wins in 1997 and finished 2006 going 12-9 with a 4.32 ERA and 83 K. He contemplated retiring towards the end of 2005 and all of 2006 because of shoulder problems. The only option was surgery, and Radke thought it would just be better to call it a career. "To lose him forever, that is going to be tough," Torii Hunter said. "I was lucky enough to be the center fielder standing behind him for quite a few years, and to watch him mastermind the game like he did, it was unbelievable. Brad Radke has been part of the Twins so long that it's hard to see him go." He had a career record of 148-139 with a 4.22 ERA and 1467 K.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a guy. I got his autograph in 2000 and asked him to put "Brad Radke, 20 wins" and he was more than happy to do it. it is a big lost.

Anonymous said...

I agree, he will be missed. I hope he decides to broadcast or at least stays near baseball

Anonymous said...

I HAVE HIS JERSEY FROM 1999

Anonymous said...

he always signed autographs. my son went up to him after a game to get his autograph for him and his brother, not only did he sign both balls, but he signed my twins hat. he is a great guy

random said...

I used to have a baseball computer game where he won a lot of awards and always had around 20 wins, but you could always sign him for cheap. Awesome guy, eh?:D

Eli said...

haha, he is one of the guys I would pick up in MVP 05 in 2007 for my rotation.