Saturday, April 14, 2007

Ripken Wants to Coach

New Hall of Famer Cal Ripken Jr. says he would like to coach after his kids are grown. Ripken, 46, a two-time most valuable player who played in a Major League Baseball-record 2,632 straight games, says he would like to be a manager but wouldn't mind being a coach, anything he thinks can make the game better. "I love the thought of being a manager; the strategic nature of it," Ripken said. "Or a coach. Maybe some of the things Dad taught me, I could pass along to some younger kids and make the game better. Those two jobs would interest me." However, Ripken may look to be a co-owner of the Orioles if Angelos decides to sell them. "If he ever decides he wants to sell, I'd explore the possibility of being in the ownership group," Ripken said.

No comments: