Friday, November 30, 2007

Capuano to Cardinals?

As the Cardinals Front Office heads to Nashville for the Winter Meetings, they remain very interested in Brewers pitcher Chris Capuano. Capuano struggled with the Brewers this past season going 5-12 with a 5.10 ERA and 132 K, but has the ability to put up big numbers, as he did in 2005. I'm not sure what the Cardinals could offer, but you cannot rule out a package surround around Scott Rolen and Capuano. If the Cardinals would absorb some of his contract, it is very realistic. They could offer Anthony Reyes for Capuano and cash. I think the Brewers would be open to something like that, but I'm not sure if the Cardinals are ready to give him up. For now, I consider the Cardinals a sleeper for a lot of big name free agents available, including Kyle Lohse and Carlos Silva. I'll look into this next week while at the Winter Meetings.

3 comments:

Patrick Dorsey said...

Eli, could you please look into what starting pitchers the Reds are going after. I have to think that some names have popped out there

Kenny said...

Might sound a little funny, but I would also not count out the Cardinals trying to trade back for Dan Haren. The Mets seem to be frontrunners for the Haren chase but after trading Milledge, the A's might explore other possible suitors, like the Cards.

Anonymous said...

I'd be for getting Haren back. Maybe we could offer Mulder in return (HA!)