Sunday, August 10, 2008

White Sox Acquire Ramirez

The White Sox acquired pitcher Horacio Ramirez from the Royals in exchange for outfielder Paul Orlando. Moving to the bullpen helped Ramirez, who posted a 2.59 ERA in 24 1/3 innings so far this season. "I think I'm just keeping things simple," said Ramirez, who strolled into the White Sox clubhouse with a Royals duffel bag. "I'm simpler out there. Last year, I pressed too much. I tried too hard. And it came back and got me." Manager Ozzie Guillen has even admitted that the bullpen has been taxed, so adding Ramirez will give them some rest. Playing for a contender might give him another boost, especially now that he gets to play his former team and new rival this week.

Orlando, 22, is hitting .262 with 9 HR in Single-A for the White Sox. He does not project as a starter in the majors, probably not even a reserve player.

No comments: