Monday, April 13, 2009

Manny Wants to Play In Cleveland Again

Manny Ramirez told USA Today that he would like to play for the Indians before his career is over."I would like to play for Cleveland one more time, to go back where I started," said Ramirez. While this is sort of bad timing on Ramirez's part, you have to understand where he is coming from. Ken Griffey Jr. and Jason Giambi received very nice receptions at their respective homes openers, both saying they made the right decision. "I think to go back where you started is everyone's dream," Ramirez said.

Ramirez's words are often misconstrued because of the circus that follows him, but these are obviously genuine feelings. A friend of mine sent me a link to another website with this headline-"Manny Ramirez to Cleveland?"-which was linked to the USA Today article.

This story was approved by MLB Rumors.

2 comments:

KevinGillman said...

I always believed that Manny felt it was a mistake leaving Cleveland for Boston. Cleveland media never followed him around like the Boston media did. Though I don't see it happening, it would be nice for Manny to cut down his salary, say $10 million and end his career where it began, playing for Cleveland. The one thing I can safely say though is he means every word he said in this case.

Anonymous said...

How does that make the Dodger fans feel about Manny?