Sunday, March 22, 2009

Koskie Ends Comeback With Cubs

Corey Koskie, out of baseball since 2006, decided to end his comeback with the Cubs after feeling lightheaded during their Spring Training game on Saturday. Koskie, 35, was up for one of the final bench spots with the Cubs, but his retirement opens up opportunties for younger players. "After that play, I just thought, 'What am I doing out here?"' he said Saturday. "Whether I got the wind knocked out of me a little bit, I did feel a little funky after it. I don't think it was a concussive event. But I did feel a little funny, whether it was the heat, because it was hot out there."

In nine seasons with the Twins, Blue Jays, and Brewers, Koskie was a career .274 hitter with 124 career homeruns.

This story was approved by MLB Rumors.

No comments: