Monday, February 16, 2009

Odalis Perez Holdout Situation

ESPN's Enrique Rojas is reporting that Odalis Perez has sent his agent to back to the Nationals to renegotiate his deal. "I thought it best I prefer to sit in my house if the Nationals do not show more appreciation for my work. Appreciate my work means to increase the value of the contract and guarantee it. I will not accept any minor league contracts with no safeguards. I instructed my agent to report my position to the Nationals." Perez went 7-12 with a 4.34 ERA in 30 starts last season, but had a FIP (Fielding Independent Pitching) of 4.62.*

It will be interesting to see if any teams make a move for Perez, considering he hasn't had a winning record in five seasons. 

*Fielding Independent Pitching: A way to measure all of those things for which a pitcher is specifically responsible. FIP helps you understand how well a pitcher pitched, regardless of how well his fielders fielded. 

This story was approved by MLB Rumors.

No comments: