This story was approved by MLB Rumors.
- The Rangers and Andruw Jones have agreed to a minor league deal with an invitation to Spring Training. Jones will earn 500,000 if he makes the major league club. He is no guarantee to make the team, vying for spots against four other starters.
- Chico Harlan of the Washington Post has a good article out about Stephen Strasburg. Nationals GM Jim Bowden said he is "as good a pitcher we've seen in the draft in 10 or 15 years." He could be in the majors in 2010, if not the second half of this upcoming season.
- The Royals and Mark Teahen have agreed to a one year deal worth 3.57 million dollars, avoiding arbitration.
- The Nationals and Scott Olson have agreed to a one year deal worth 2.8 million dollars, avoiding arbitration. Could turn out to be a good deal for the Nats.
- Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune suggests the White Sox vacant Spring Training camp in Tucson be turned into a free agent Spring Training complex, for those players who have not been signed. Sounds intriguing, but could be over-crowded.