- The Rays are pursuing an outfielder, and have engaged in talks with outfielder Bobby Abreu, Adam Dunn, and Pat Burrell. They are also talking with Jason Giambi, who they hope can be an upgrade over Cliff Floyd. Several different sources say they would be surprised if the "American League Champions" did not sign one of the top free agents.
- The Cubs are still in talks with Milton Bradley. One rival executive said teams "like to protect themselves when they are pursuing players that are often injured." This would suggest that the hold up could be the Cubs working on opt clauses or incentive based bonus in case Bradley can't stay healthy. "All signs point to Bradley in Chicago," one agent said.
- Contrary to other reports, the Yankees have not made an offer to Manny Ramirez, Newsday is reporting.
- Outfielder Juan Rivera is reportedly closing in on a deal with Angels, Yahoo! Sports is reporting.
- The Brewers signed Trot Nixon to a minor league deal.
- The Cincinnati Enquirer is reporting that the Reds have interest in Wily Taveras.
This story was approved by MLB Rumors.